IHeartYAFiction

A Touch Mortal
Leah Clifford
Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity (case)
Spencer A. Rathus, Lois Fichner-Rathus, Jeffrey S. Nevid Ph.D.
The Testing - Joelle Charbonneau Short and Sweet: I so enjoyed The Testing! I couldn't put it down. This story was so well written, thoughtful and full of suspense. Another wonderful 2013 read!To Elaborate....All of her life, Cia has looked up to her father, a previous successful Testing candidate and aspired to follow in his footsteps. However, the night before she leaves her father confides in her that the Testing is not at all what she has imagined. In fact, what she will soon experience has left him with a wiped memory and haunting nightmares. He tells her to 'trust no one.''Trusting no one' turns out to be horrifyingly accurate advice. With the possible (ha! no spoilers here, people!) exception of Tomas, a boy whom she has grown up with, the other testing candidates are desperate, ruthless and willing to do whatever it takes to make it as a future United Commonwealth leader. As she advances through each stage of the Testing it becomes more and more clear that she will be lucky to make it through alive. Nothing is what it seems and even within the obvious tests are more intricate evaluations that are unspoken of, unknown and unfortunately easy to fail.Cia must learn to trust her own intuition and often takes huge risks in doing so. She is an incredibly likable character in a beautifully executed story. Definitely pick this one up!P.S. I do want to address that there have been some comparisons between The Testing and some other well known dystopian stories. My opinion is that there are always similarities within this sub-genre. However, my experience reading The Testing did not warrant enough similarities for me to agree with this assessment of the story. I felt it was a unique and engaging book and I would be sad if anyone passed up a great read as a result of those comparisons.(Originally published @ www.iheartyafiction.blogspot.com)